- All sports injuries
- All general injuries
- Lower back pain
- Neck, spine
- Arm, elbow, hand
- Leg, knee, ankle, foot
- Nerve Pain
- Joint Pain
- Surgical Rehabilitation
- Interferential – uses a mid-frequency electrical current which produces a massaging effect over the injured area which stimulates the secretion of endorphins, the body’s natural pain relievers, thus relaxing strained muscles and so promoting tissue healing.
- Ultrasound – uses high frequency sound waves above the human hearing which increases the metabolism of muscles to treat inflammation and scar tissue.
- Manipulation/mobilisation – realigns back and neck and improves range of motion in the joints.
- Acupuncture – decreases inflammation, increases blood flow and aids in healing of ligaments and tendons.
- Deep Massage – improves flexibility in muscles, decreases inflammation and increases blood flow.
- Exercise prescription – rehabilitation exercises that improve strength and mobility to return to activity.
- Kinesio taping – applied over muscles, it helps to reduce pain and inflammation and relaxes and supports the muscles in movement on a 24 hour basis.
- EPRT treatment – the BodiHealth device utilises Electro Pressure Regeneration Therapy (EPRT) to provide cutting edge non-invasive pain management and recovery at the cellular level without the possible side effects of prescription drugs and costly surgeries. We treat acute injuries, chronic/overuse injuries, post-surgical pain, 2nd & 3rd degree burns, non-union fractures and back pain as well as assist the healthiest high-performance athletes achieve ultimate recovery from training or injury.
- Maintenance or Tuneup – a shorter treatment to maintain function.
We at Institute of Sport Physio have regular in-house training for our physiotherapists who also attend external physio courses to broaden their knowledge and keep abreast of current treatment trends
We purchase much of our merchandise from Whiteley Allcare. We have set up a purchase portal on their website so you and your friends can purchase directly online and they will deliver products to you. Click on link to view products and purchase – https://myphysioshop.co.nz?physio=054e4718.
We also directly sell a range of products that assist our patients achieve a speedy recovery and maintain functional health:
- Peace, Denton and Complete Sleeperrr pillows giving you correct neck and spine support – pillows are available for an overnight trial
- Orthotics support your feet, align your whole body and improve your posture
- SitActive chair inserts
- Braces and supports
- Metagenics range of supplements
- All Black and Blue Natural anti-inflammatory cream
- Kinesio and rigid tape
- Hi-Dow Tens machines for pain relief acting like our Interferential machines to stimulate muscle aches – also available for weekly hire
- Footwear – flipflops and sandals – to assist with arch support, Achilles tendonitis, heel pain, heel spurs, plantar fascilitis and fascia
- Wobble boards
- Wheat bags.
Ask your Physiotherapist or Receptionist for the right product for your condition, options and prices. Don’t hesitate to contact us if you need more information about our services.